Pages

Sunshine Rays

  

Every time I look at this card, it  makes me smile.  It's one of my favorite cards I've made, because the colors are beautiful and the sun just pops out at me.   It also showcases several techniques that are really fun to play with.

 

The first technique is called Spirelli String Art.  Depending upon how you lay the strings, you can make different styles of art pieces.  In this case, I wound the string (CTMH Glacier Twine) every four petals of the Smoothie flower.  Both flowers were cut using the Cricut.  The inside of the flower is from the Blossom Cardmaking kit, stamped in Sunset Ink.


The second technique is called Faux Torn Mosaic and an explanation can be found at Splitcoast here.  Basically, I tore up a bunch of pieces of B&T paper, inked edges with Lagoon Ink (my fav color!) and randomly glued the pieces to the card base.  Make sure to overlap the edges, and then cut them off to make a clean cut.  The sentiment is from the Rain or Shine stamp set.  You can see another card I made earlier here called Summertime Rainbows.

Allow the B&T paper to lay over the edges.  Then cut them clean off.

No comments:

Post a Comment