Pages

Washi Thanks


Whenever I create a card workshop, my last card usually takes scraps and makes something from leftovers.  A lot of the time, the leftovers are long, really skinny pieces of paper, like 1/2" - 1" wide.  These tend to be the same widths as washi tape.  But sometimes I can't find washi tape in the exact color.  So combining the skinny pieces of paper and stamps, you can create your own.  Papertrey Ink has a great tutorial on how to make your own washi tape.


In my case, I didn't make my own washi tape and then attach it to the card.  Here, I tore the strips of B&T paper in alternating lengths.  I also directly stamped on the card base (like the Pear Ink stars).  Washi tape stamp sets can also be used to create homemade washi tape, like the Blossom Cardmaking Kit stamp set or the Snapshot Memories set.

Here is an alternative to the "Thanks" card.  The Cricut Collection, Artiste, has great celebration stamps and images.  The banner below is stamped in Smoothie Ink and Coral Sequins flank each side.


No comments:

Post a Comment